Thursday, February 21, 2013

From Sonja's Recipe File: Breakfast Cookies


A Novel Creation: Breakfast Cookies

If you’ve been following my blog you know I am writing a novel and letting anyone interested follow along. In my book, Sonja, a young entrepreneur has purchased a coffee shop in Door County, Wisconsin. Sonja had big ideas. The fancy biscotti and prepackaged muffins do not go over well and she turns to a family favorite recipe for cookies.

I have made these cookies and they are great. Since my post about the cookies, I have had people ask me for the recipe. So here is the basic recipe. These cookies are good plain, but you may want to try a few variations as Sonja has done, such as adding butterscotch morsels or almonds. Have fun and if you haven’t already joined my blog, now is a good time to start. I post my current word count as I push toward my 80,000 word goal every Wednesday. I will post additional recipes from Sonja on Fridays.


Sonja’s Breakfast Cookies

Great with coffee!
  Cream together:      

     2 C. brown Sugar
     1 C. white sugar
     1 ½ C. cooking oil
     2 t. vanilla

 Add:
     4 eggs
     4 C. flour
     2 t. baking soda
     1 t. salt                                   

 Add:
     1 ½ C oatmeal
     4 C. cornflakes




Mix together well (you may need to use a dough hook or your hands for this)

Drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet
Bake at 350 for ten-twelve minutes or until brown


Yield: 8 dozen                                       


                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here. I look forward to hearing from you.