Ten Things You Should Never Say to a Writer:
1. I hate to read.
2. So you don't work…you just write?
3. Aren’t you finished with that novel? I mean, seriously, haven’t you been working on that for like a month?
4. Do you ever want people to read what you write?
5. Writing is a nice hobby. My grandma used to write little poems for us kids. You could try that.
6. You are so lucky you don’t have to work like real people.
7. Yeah, my uncle wrote a book once. He has a garage full of the ones he couldn’t sell.
8. Are you famous? Do you know Nicholas Sparks or Danielle Steel? No? Are you a real writer?
9. What a great idea! I always thought I should write a book about my dysfunctional family. I have a week of vacation time coming. If I could write it then, I could publish it by summer.
10. So how much do you make? I was thinking about writing a best seller.