Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Breathing on Her Own: A Celebration!



This week marks the three-year anniversary of the release of


Yes, I’m excited. How am I celebrating?
Contrary to popular belief, I’m not
celebrating with chocolate.

I’ve talked with my publisher about this occasion. Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas is offering the Kindle version of Breathing on Her Own  FREE for three days starting today!

Already own a copy? That’s okay. Did you know you can “gift” a copy of the book? Go to Amazon as if you were purchasing the book. You will see a section where you can send the book to a friend. Simply fill in the email address of the person you want to receive the book. You can even leave a message! When you “buy” the book your total will come to $0.00!

Now for the real celebration! I decided to relive the book launch for Breathing on Her Own. Thank you Marty Hallo for the pictures.

Although many people today launch their books on Facebook or other social media sources, I chose to host an event. Tom and I were living in Florida at the time. Although the story takes place near Cincinnati, Ohio, there is a definite Florida connection in the book, so the launch there made sense.

I searched for a venue in Tarpon Springs, but ultimately decided to host the launch in our own back yard.



My sweet husband and his brother, Ron, made sure the lawn was properly groomed. Our neighbor, whose yard is truly the tropical version of an English garden, loaned us a few tables and chairs and my guests wandered her property as well as ours.

 Guests arrived by car, by foot, and by boat! What a beautiful day!

People signed in and Tom set up a small television in the carport where the trailer for Breathing on Her Own was shown.



You can view the trailer HERE.



Judy Gregory, a friend from church, offered her collection of Longaberger baskets for food. My whole Florida family pitched in, making the event a day I will always treasure.







And… my precious mother traveled by bus all the way from Ohio to attend! I surprised her in a big way. She had no idea I had dedicated the book to her.




Of course my sweetest memory is how Tom stood by me. He stood by me as I started on this writing journey. He stood by me as I signed the contract with Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. He stood by me through hours of writing and rewriting the manuscript. And he stood by me on that sunny day when Breathing on Her Own was openly shared and celebrated.


Where is the book now? Still on Amazon. Still selling copies. Breathing on Her Own has almost 150 reviews of this writing and has earned a 4.7 star rating. I still have people telling me how the book has made them think about their own lives and relationships. My husband is now in heaven. My life has changed, but I’m still celebrating. Celebrating what was and what is to come. Celebrating the gift God offered me in publishing my first novel.

What is next for you?
Share this post.
Download the book for yourself. Click HERE
Gift the book to someone else.
Review the book.
Most importantly: Hug the ones you love.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here. I look forward to hearing from you.