Thursday, March 7, 2013

From Sonja's Recipe File: Brownies with Ice Cream


This is the best ever brownie recipe for a light fluffy brownie. Ideal cake style brownies to split while they are still warm, fill with ice cream, and top with chocolate syrup. My aunt shared the recipe with my mother who shared it with me. My whole family likes these so it made sense I would share them with the main character of my book, Sonja.  Who knows? Maybe she will serve them one evening at Shirley’s Cuppa Joe.    


Brownies with Ice Cream

Preheat oven: 350 degrees;   Grease/Spray a 9x13 cake pan

In a large bowl mix:
2 C. sugar
1 ¾ C. flour
1 C. shortening
4 eggs
½ C. milk (sometimes I add a little more because I think it makes them fluffier)
½ teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons cocoa

Mix well and pour into the greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool slightly before slicing and filling with vanilla ice cream. Top with chocolate syrup and enjoy!                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here. I look forward to hearing from you.