Tuesday, November 7, 2023

A Week to Treasure

A Week to Treasure


I spent this past week in Ohio. 

 

I stayed with my mom at her house the first two nights. It was sweet to wake up to the smell of fresh coffee brewing and the sound of my mother singing as she moved around the kitchen.

 

Throughout the week we found time to play a couple of our favorite games like Backstreet Rummy and Farkle. We toured my youngest daughter’s house, which is almost ready for her precious little family to occupy and we attended the musical “School House Rock” to watch my oldest granddaughter perform. She has a wonderful voice. 


I’m not saying that just because I’m her grandmother. The girl landed a solo in the performance that was excellent.

 

Mom and I attended church together on Sunday. It is the church where my children grew up. The church where all three girls were baptized. The church where all three walked down the aisle on their father’s arm to leave our household for their own, bringing three good men into our family.

 

It’s the church where we all gathered in 2014, this very time of year, to say our goodbyes to Tom.

 

Mom spent a couple of nights with me as well. We pulled a few weeds from the front flowerbed. Then, after I’d put some of the power tools and lumber away in my basement workshop, Mom swept the floor of sawdust and bits of wood left behind. But again, we didn’t tire ourselves with all work. We visited and played a few more games. 

 

My stay in Ohio was a full week. Seven wonderful days. 


I was blessed to have time with family and friends. We celebrated my son-in-law’s birthday at Olive Garden. My grandson, Spencer, was home from college. He and I had a sweet conversation by the fire pit one night and his older brother, Joshua, wrapped his arms around me with one of his amazing bear hugs.

 

My youngest daughter, Kendall and I completed a beautiful prayer walk at her church. 

 

My oldest daughter, Allison, came to my house to set up the Christmas tree so that when Mike and I return in December we’ll be ready to celebrate. 

 

I am one of those people who can easily fritter time away. This week? This week was different. It was a time to pack in every moment possible. I connected with friends. I held tight to family. I even managed to do a few things around the house.

 

Here are a few pics.

My Sweet Family...and a Star is Born!

Fire Pit with the Family!

The Tree is Ready!

4 comments:

  1. Awww This time of year seems especially sweet. Nice to hear about your family memories, memories made & in the works! Happy Holidays 😄🥰 to all of you 🙏

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you, Chris...Happy Holidays to you as well!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here. I look forward to hearing from you.