Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Writing To Publish

Writing to Publish...A Roadmap


People with a story to tell come to me for advice. I am hired to speak with writing groups about writing and publishing. 

 

Mind you, I am not an authority. I am not an expert. 

 

I am a published author, a researcher, an educator, and a writing coach. 

 

It turns out to be a good combination.  

 

The very first story I had published was when my second grade teacher submitted my work to our school newspaper. I didn’t pursue a serious writing path, however until after I left the world of teaching and teacher education. Only then did I put my research skills to use to determine how to become a published author of books.

 

I am not prone to self-promote. Publishers want it from their authors, but it is the most difficult part of the process for me. If this post reads like self-promotion, I apologize.

 

The truth of it is, I have a recent release that is now available on Amazon. It is the easy to read and follow…the down and dirty…advice I offer as a writing coach to anyone who would like to publish their work.

 

Now Available on Amazon
(the book. Not me.)

The book is cleverly called Writing to Publish: A Roadmap to Success. I’m actually pretty happy with it. I like being able to help other people learn a bit about the craft of writing and publishing. Everyone has a story to share.

 

So if you long to write or you know someone who has that dream (read: perfect gift for the would-be writer) this book may be for you. 

 

It is available on Amazon. CLICK HERE.

 

The word on the street is that paper may soon be in a shortage status. Though my novels are available in both print and ebook form, Writing to Publish is currently only available in print copy.

 

You can check out my other books HERE on my Amazon Author Page.

 

Whew! I made it through the post without too much anxiety over self-promo. Now for something fun. I saw this joke on the internet:

 

Three writers, Al, Ben, and Carl, who were attending a writing convention, booked a room on the 75th floor of a hotel.

When they arrived back at the hotel from the convention, the receptionist told them, "I'm terribly sorry, but the elevator is broken. In the meantime, you will have to take the stairs."

Now, Al was a writer of funny stories, Ben was a writer of scary stories, and Carl was a writer of sad stories. The three of them agreed that, to make it less boring, Al would tell the other two his funniest stories while they climbed from floors 1 to 25, Ben would tell his scariest stories from floors 26 to 50, and Carl would tell his saddest stories from floors 51 to 75.

They started to climb the stairs, and Al started to tell funny stories. By the time they reached the 25th floor, Ben and Carl were laughing hysterically.

Then Ben started to tell scary stories. By the time they reached the 50th floor, Al and Carl were hugging each other in fear.

Then Carl started to tell sad stories. "I'll tell my saddest story of all first," he said. "There once was a man named Carl who left his hotel room key in the car..."

 

Well, at least I thought it was funny…

 

For more real fun, shoot me an email at rebecca@waterswords.com and I’ll add you to my monthly newsletter. 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here. I look forward to hearing from you.