Writers Roost Part 2
Don’t Ask Me!
I came to Writer’s Roost to work. (If you missed that story about my new writing getaway, click HERE)
Anyway, I’ve been sitting here looking at the lake and being tempted by the pool as I’m trying to make a “book trailer” for my latest book, Corners and Straight Edges. I watched a YouTube video on Canva on how to make a book trailer.
I wrote the script. I chose the background and all the elements. I started putting the thing together and for some reason, they came out in a different order. And the background disappeared.
Don’t ask me how I did that. I have no clue.
So… I started over. I watched another tutorial and thought I had it nailed.
Nope.
The one victory is… I did not cry. This time.
While I embrace most technology…well, some technology, I struggle learning new ways to use it. I don’t dare ask for help. The answer always seems to start with…“All you have to do is…”
Still, it is a part of today’s landscape. So… I turned my attention to something else for a bit. I washed the new bed linens and put them on the beds. Then I returned home and ate a bite before giving it another go. 
Writing in the "outside" office!
This time? It worked. Okay, it isn’t as flashy and cool as others I’ve seen, but I’m still learning. I’m attempted to put it up here so you could check it out.
Did it work work? No. If you have any advice or words of encouragement or wisdom, I welcome it…as long as you don’t start by saying…. “all you have to do is…”
And if you want to see my finished product, you CAN find it on my FB author page "Rebecca Waters."
Ah...well... at least I'm trying! (But don't ask...I don't know if I can repeat it!)
Comments
Post a Comment
Leave your comments here. I look forward to hearing from you.