Writer's Roost

 Writer’s Roost… a Newfangled Place to Find Rest…and Words

Mike and I started a new venture this past week. We found a place I can call my writer’s retreat. Most of the time. We will likely have snowbirds who would rather wait out the cold here with a beautiful lake and a great pool than to see it through up north. 

The house is small, but well appointed. We decided to take the plunge (not in the pool…the financial plunge) and invest in the property. 

Yep...the Pool Calls
"Take the Plunge!"

We thought we were being smart. But… for a minute I thought the house was maybe a bit smarter than us.

Mike and I are from a different era. So was our inspector. When he tried to test the stove that is actually new and gorgeous, he couldn’t get it to turn on. Someone said something about it was the newfangled kind …wow I sound old using a word like “newfangled.”  Anyway, the thought was that maybe it had to have a pan on it to turn on. I ran home and brought back a pan. 

Nothing. We tried putting water in it. Nothing.

Induction?...hmmm


We did a bit of research. We have an INDUCTION STOVE. It requires special pans. Wal-Mart had them and by their inventory, it looks like the wave of the future. Or the NOW, I guess. 

The stove heats up faster (with the right kind of cookware on it) and cools down quicker when it’s turned off. Yep, the stove works just fine. 

 

Now comes the fun part. I’ll be scouring stores for more of the right furniture for our little get-away. We already have pool/patio furniture, a dining table with chairs, televisions, a sofa bed, a bed and dresser for the master bedroom and a sofa table in the entry. We’re getting there. We still need two twin beds for the guest room and an occasional chair for the living room. 

Hmmm… as I walk around a bit, I see there’s something on the door. More electronics. I’m glad I have a good old- fashioned key in my pocket. I’ll probably never figure out how to program the front door. For now I’m just happy I can turn on the stove! 

P.S. If you or someone you know is interested in three months of warm sunshine starting in January. 

Message me on my author page: Rebecca Waters on Facebook or email me at rwaters.author@gmail.com and put Writer’s Roost in the Subject Line. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Candle

Hiking Across Florida

First Date