Life is a Puzzle
Life is a Puzzle
In this case it is an actual puzzle. My third novel, Corners and Straight Edges, will officially release mid-September. The release of a new book is something akin to the first day of school.
There is this feeling of excitement in the air and the anticipation of meeting new friends. Or in this case, new readers. The timing is perfect. School is starting and the book is about a first-grade teacher named Katharine Gilmore.
Every Sunday, Katharine and her husband spend the afternoon with her widowed mother, Mimi. Together they work jigsaw puzzles. As they piece the puzzle together, Mimi shares sage advice on life. “Life is like a puzzle. You have to find the corners and straight edges first. Then everything else will fall into place.”
So…I took the cover of the novel and turned it into a jigsaw puzzle. A five-hundred piece puzzle. It sounded like a great idea at the time.
But when you dump five hundred puzzle pieces on the dining room table and they all seem to look alike, you know you will be taking every meal at the kitchen table for a while. 
From This...
Of course, I took Mimi’s advice myself and found the corners and straight edges first.
It took a few days, but I wasn’t doing it by myself. No, Mike didn’t get in on the “excitement.” I didn’t expect him to do so, but when my the oldest of the grands flew in to spend a few days, JT joined in and helped. My mom pitched in a bit as well and Voila! The cover of the book came together.
And I learned the book is already on Amazon ready for pre-order. This week has been good.

The finished puzzle!
A puzzle, a visiting grandson, and new book on the shelf. Well, almost on the shelf.
Yep, life is a puzzle. But when everything comes together, it’s a beautiful picture.
![]() |
| Yep...It's available for Pre-Order! |

Comments
Post a Comment
Leave your comments here. I look forward to hearing from you.