Of This and That
Of This and That
The Umbrella Factor: Last week I posted about our drought. I shared how old timers often said, “What we need is a good hurricane.” (That is, a hurricane that brings a lot of water without much destruction.) I even posted pictures showing the low water table we’re experiencing.
(If you missed that post, you can find it HERE.)
Mike and I have been praying for rain. I’ve often felt like God’s favorite… but this week? Wow! We’ve had rain! Lots of it. It is beautiful! This is one of those weeks when I can honestly say “When it rains it pours.” Our water table is rising. Slowly, but steadily.
The Media Kit: My new novel, Corners and Straight Edges will be released September 25th. I’m really excited about it, but writing the book is only part of the work. My publishers have a publicist, so now I have been putting my “media kit” together.
I had my new “headshots” taken and chose the ones I’ll need for various uses…like the back of the book and so forth.
AND…I’m pulling the pieces out of the book I need for a book trailer. That should be fun! I’m working on one book trailer myself. I wanted to try something I learned from another author. I have the script. I studied a tutorial to make what I want and I purchased a jigsaw puzzle for the background. Corners and Straight Edges…get it?
Pen to Paper: This is kind of the big one. I have a tendency to have a few irons in the fire at the same time anyway, so one more doesn’t hurt, right? I’m working on my fourth novel while crafting the backstory for another one. Since that book is based on a diary, I’m writing the diary first.
Not to worry. I’m actually pretty lazy if you want to know the truth. But it’s raining! Yay! What else could I do?

Comments
Post a Comment
Leave your comments here. I look forward to hearing from you.